Autumn is the perfect time to get outside as the temperatures cool down. You’ll find plenty of fun fall activities in Marquette
and around the area to schedule into your weekends. Here are three you won’t want to miss.
Festivals are just one activity that signals the end of summer and the beginning of fall. The Leaf Art Festival in McGregor is a great example, where you can enjoy local talent in arts and crafts. The artists hand-make their products and wares, which ensures a unique gift.
Roadside stands hold the year's bounty while delicious smells waft from nearby vendors. Sample everything from cheese curds to kettle corn as you wind your way along the streets and enjoy the beautiful colors of fall.
Held each weekend through October, this event is fun for the entire family! Enjoy wagon rides to the pumpkin patch or make your way through the corn maze. You’ll see farm animals, giant slides and tetherball, among other activities.
The event goes on in Decorah, Iowa every Saturday from 9 AM to 5:30 PM and every Sunday from 10 AM to 4 PM. It’s fun for all ages, giving you an excuse to spend the day outdoors.
3. Plan a Day of Hiking
If you like the idea of being outside but don’t want an organized event, plan a trip to one of the scenic areas in Northeast Iowa. Go for a hike and enjoy the magnificent fall color. You have numerous options right in this area:
• Lake Hendricks in Riceville – 234 acres to enjoy by walking one of the trails, fishing or visiting the butterfly garden or deer pen.
• Ingleside Park in Guttenberg – The park runs along the Mississippi River and is ideal for a walk or picnic with an on-site grill.
• Iowa Maize Maze in Elgin – Walk along the 3.4 acre maze as you learn about the history of the area, corn and the local wildlife.
• Fontana Park in Hazleton – The site of an old stone mill, this area now provides fishing, hiking and camping for families.
• Pikes Peak State Park
– Some of the finest views available in the upper Midwest! If you have never been to Pikes Peak, this season is a great time to take a trip.
Plan for one or all of these activities this fall
and experience the best that Northeast Iowa has to offer. When you’re ready to relax and enjoy a delicious dinner, visit us at Lady Luck® Casino Marquette
. Try your hand at a few of our games or relax with a meal at Farmer’s Pick Buffet®. You will not be disappointed!