If you ask someone to describe Valentine’s Day, you’ll likely hear the standard clichés. They’ll list off elaborate cards, overpriced floral arrangements, and any type of chocolate in a heart shaped box. Although tried and true methods are a safe bet, they lack individuality and require very little thought. Dare to think outside the box. Think carefully about the interests, hobbies, or favorite pastimes of your significant other and plan an event that you and your partner will never forget. If you’re stuck, consider these ideas:
1. Go geocaching. This is an excellent date idea, especially for those who are trying it for the first time. Learn the basics before you go and download the appropriate app for your smartphone. If you have a GPS, you can use it instead of the app. Choose a cache that’s easy and local. Visit a few cache locations the day before and leave personalized permanent or temporary cache items. If you’ve purchased something for your partner, be sure to leave the last cache empty and surprise them with a gift at the end.
2. Be a tourist in your own town. Write down an itinerary that includes locations unfamiliar to both you and your partner. Be sure to leave generous amounts of time and educate yourself about each area. You don’t want to get stuck in traffic or be miles away from a gas station.
3. Take a walk in the park. If the weather permits, take a romantic stroll through a park. Choose a park with historic landmarks and beautiful scenery. When you finish your walk, give your partner a small gift before heading home.
4. Go ice-skating. This activity is obviously for those in cooler climates, but can easily be achieved by skating indoors if the weather is warm. Find a suitable location and go during a time when there are only a few other skaters on the ice. A nice added touch is a thermos of hot chocolate to warm you up after a few laps around the rink.
5. Plan an outdoor sport. This is the perfect date for those who are a new couple or single. Get a group of friends together and play a sport suitable for the temperature. Consider hockey in cooler climates and soccer or ultimate Frisbee in warmer climates. If you really want to impress your date, learn a sport they enjoy.
6. Breakfast in Bed. Plan ahead and prepare your partner’s favorite breakfast items. If you’re crunched for time, make something small or pick up their preferred hot beverage. Those staying in a hotel can treat themselves to delicious items off the room service menu.
7. Book a couples massage. Find a spa that offers couples massages with a romantic twist. Prepare to spend a little extra money for packages that include dual soaking tubs, a warm fireplace, and champagne served with chocolate dipped strawberries.
8. Take a cooking class. Pick a style of food you both enjoy and take an evening cooking class. It’s a great way to spend time together and dine on an amazing self-made dinner and dessert.
9. Play an indoor game. Decide where you want to play the game and narrow down your choices. If you stay home, break out your favorite board or video game. If you go out, head to the nearest bowling alley. When you’re finished, declare yourselves both winners and celebrate with a fancy dessert.
If you’re looking for a game with real rewards, head over to Lady Luck Casino® Marquette
for nonstop gaming action, appetizing dining choices, and tons of giveaways. Don’t miss these upcoming Valentine’s Day events:
Winners will be drawn every 30 minutes with a top prize of $1000 cash.
We look forward to making your Valentine’s Day both memorable and exciting!
*Tax and gratuity not included