It’s that time of year! Every football fan is excited about the big game, and everyone else is looking forward to the commercials… and the food! If you’re planning on hosting a party, we’ve already done some of the work for you. Try these perfect recipes to feed your crowd food they’ll love!
3 russet potatoes
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. Ranch seasoning
Freshly ground black pepper
1 c. shredded Cheddar
4 slices bacon
1/4 c. finely chopped chives
Ranch dressing, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Slice each potato in half, then cut potato halves into wedges. Add to baking sheet and top with olive oil and ranch seasoning, then season with salt and pepper. Toss until fully coated, then flip skin side down.
3. Top with cheese and bake until deeply golden and crispy, 25 to 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, fry bacon over medium heat until crispy. Drain slices on paper towels then crumble.
5. Garnish the warm wedges with chives and bacon, and serve with ranch dressing for dipping.
4 slices bacon, chopped into 1" pieces
1/2 c. red onion, chopped
1 lb. ground beef
Freshly ground black pepper
1 c. barbecue sauce
1 bag Tortilla chips
3 c. shredded cheddar
1/4 c. sliced scallions
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium. Add the bacon and sautée until crisp. Drain bacon pieces on paper towels but reserve about 2 tablespoons of bacon fat in pan. Add onion and sautée until soft. Stir in ground beef, breaking the meat up with a wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring often, until the beef is cooked through. Add barbecue sauce to the pan and bring mixture to a simmer. Turn off the heat.
3. Spread the chips out onto a large baking sheet. Pour the BBQ beef mixture on top of the chips, then sprinkle evenly with cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted and everything is warmed through, about 8 to 10 minutes. Garnish nachos with scallions and serve warm.
Finally, to satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth, you may want to whip up a double batch of these delightful
2 stick unsalted butter
1 c. sugar
2 c. all-purpose flour
2 c. old-fashioned oats
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. raisins
½ c. coarsely chopped walnuts
1¼ c. chocolate chips
¼ c. milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Stir in eggs until well combined. In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients, plus raisins, walnuts, and chocolate chips. Add dry mixture to wet mixture and stir to combine. Stir in milk.
3. Drop dough in heaping tablespoonfuls, about 1 inch apart, on the baking sheet. Bake until golden brown and slightly crunchy, about 15 minutes.
We know you’ll enjoy those recipes during the big game, but if you’re looking to skip the cooking, join us at Lady Luck®
for a delicious meal at Farmer’s Pick Buffet®
before the game! Sunday features classic American cuisine, with Inside Round available at the carving station.
We’ll get you in and out before the big game… with no clean-up! Enjoy the game, everyone.