Summer may be coming to an end, but that doesn’t mean the festivities have to! Every year, many tourists flock to Marquette to partake in Leaf Season. It begins near the end of September and ends around the beginning of October. At Lady Luck Casino® Marquette, we love welcoming all of the visitors who come in to enjoy the festivities, so consider this our 2015 Leaf Season Guide, chock full of some of the best activities for your convenience. Check out some of the exciting events taking place this year:
• Gay Mills Apple Festival, September 25-27: Visit local orchards during peak harvest. There’s a variety of activities for you to enjoy, including a craft show, a flea market, a 2K walk, a sawdust hunt parade and great eating… and it’s only about 30 minutes from us!
• 24th Leaf Arts and Crafts Festival, October 10-11: If you love art, then you’ll absolutely love the Leaf Arts and Crafts Festival: Many artists and crafters sell their unique handmade items during peak leaf season. The festival is surrounded by many area attractions including a national monument, a winery, a brewery, a state park, and antique and specialty shops located on historic Main Street. There’s plenty of live entertainment and food to keep you busy for hours!
• Historic Tours: Learn a little bit of history, while time traveling back to the 1800s. Take a tour with costumed guides of the Louis Historic Site. On this tour, you can experience what it was like to live as a wealthy Prairie du Chien family during the time period. Tours are available every hour. For more information, call 608-326-2721.
• Sunset Fall Foliage Cruise, October 3-17 (Fridays & Saturdays): Enjoy a beautiful ride down the scenic Mississippi River. It’s a two-hour cruise that departs at 4:30 p.m. For more information, call 1-877-647-7397.
• Breakfast in a Victorian Kitchen, October 3: Learn how to cook, Victorian style! Adults can participate in a culinary tour, with hands-on cooking workshops included. First, you’ll craft your vintage meal using the utensils, foods and technology of the time. Then, you’ll partake in the tour of the estate. Reservations are required. To set up a reservation, call 608-326-2721.
• Visiting Our Ancestors, October 3: Explore the Prairie du Chien historic cemeteries with costumed guides. The tour begins at the oldest cemetery in existence, Old French Cemetery, and ends at the Brisbois Cemetery, where you’ll get a beautiful scenic view of Prairie du Chien. For more information, 608 326-6960.
• Shihata’s Orchard Fest, October 3-4: If you’ve got a passion for apples or food in general, than you’ll definitely want to visit The Apple House. The house has many impressive food items, including 19 varieties of apples, jellies and jams, award winning cider, Wisconsin wine, cheese, sausage and pumpkins. In addition to the food, you can take a fun wagon ride through the orchard, Country Fun Park, and the pumpkin patch. And one other important note… there are free samples! For more information, call 608-326-2785.
The last thing you should have to worry about when you’re vacationing is your accommodations. At Lady Luck Casino Marquette, we're affiliated with multiple area hotels
, which are perfect for Leaf Season tourists. Read on for some options:
• Cobblestone Inn and Suites: Cobblestone Inn and Suites is the newest hotel in the area. It’s situated just minutes from downtown Marquette, and only a couple of blocks from us! The beautiful suites provide spectacular views of the Mississippi River and the river bluffs. Additionally, they offer many amenities, including complimentary Wi-Fi access, 24-hour business center, beer and wine bar, complimentary hot breakfast and a fitness center. Casino guests enjoy special rates, starting at $69.99. For reservations, call 800-456-4000.
• Microtel Inn and Suites: This hotel offers many amenities and convenience. It’s only minutes from us, located off Highway 35, along the Mississippi River. You’ll love everything this hotel has to offer with free Wi-Fi, fitness center, a hot tub, pool, a business center and guest laundry. Rates start at $69.99.
• Frontier Motel: The Frontier Motel is conveniently located right next door, on the Mississippi River. It offers clean, comfortable, well-kept rooms and amenities at an exceptionally affordable price. Rates start at $50.00. For reservations, call 888-681-0144.
• Windsor Place Inn: Located mere minutes away, it’s perfectly situated by Highways 18 and 35, near the Mississippi River. This lodging offers a combination of charm and affordability. Some of the perks of Windsor Place Inn are spacious rooms, free Wi-Fi, cable TV, free continental breakfast, indoor pool and whirlpool. Rates start at $60.00.
• Country Inn & Suites: Country Inn & Suites Prairie du Chien hotel provides country-style hospitality. You’ll feel right at home with the cozy accommodations, warm lobby fire and complimentary breakfast. Some of the amenities include free Wi-Fi, meeting facilities, fitness center, on-site restaurant, and Bear Foot Bay indoor water park. Rates start at $69.99. For reservations, call 800-456-4000.
We hope to see you around this year for Leaf Season! Be sure to check out further details on our special area hotel deals here
. Also, follow us on Facebook®
for casino and local event information!